April 14, 2020
Because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to ensure our patients receive the care they need as safely as possible. We are offering a virtual smile consultation so existing and new patients at Sokoloff Orthodontics can have their needs met while remaining safe.
Dr. Sokoloff can see regular and new patients during a virtual smile consultation. Keeping regular appointments during orthodontic care is essential for staying on a treatment timeline. Regular appointments ensure there is no injury to the soft tissues inside the mouth, like the lips and cheeks. Dr. Sokoloff also checks for signs of tooth decay and demineralization and gives tips for brushing and flossing correctly. Moreover, these appointments give Dr. Sokoloff a chance to ensure the teeth are aligning as they should.
How Does the Doctor See My Teeth During a Virtual Smile Consultation?
Taking pictures of your teeth may sound complicated, but it is easy to do with a cell phone and two large spoons. You will want to make sure the flash is turned on, the camera lens is clean, and your hands are clean. If you prefer a visual of this process, Dr. Sokoloff has this video for you.
- Insert the curved part of a spoon inside the mouth against the cheek. Repeat this step on the other side of your mouth with the second spoon, then bite down. The spoons work to hold your cheeks back from your teeth, exposing as much of your teeth as possible.
- Hold onto the handles of the spoons and have someone help you take the first picture of the front of your teeth.
- Remove one spoon and continue to bite down. The second picture will be a side picture.
- Repeat step three on the opposite side of the mouth.
- For the next picture, lie or lean back while holding the edges of your mouth open with your fingers. Have your helper take a picture of the roof of your mouth and upper teeth.
- Repeat for the lower teeth.
- The next picture is a smiling photo. Stand next to a wall and smile with your teeth closed.
- After step seven, relax your face and do not smile for the next photo.
- The last picture is the same relaxed expression as step eight, but turn to the side for a profile picture.
Schedule Your Virtual Smile Consultation Today
Dr. Sokoloff and the team at Sokoloff Orthodontics are ready to help you with a virtual smile consultation today. We are happy to answer your questions about orthodontic care in Scarsdale, NY, 10583, and the surrounding areas. If you would like to schedule a complimentary virtual smile consultation with Dr. Sokoloff, please contact Sokoloff Orthodontics at (917) 997-4221 or visit https://www.docsokortho.com.Tags: orthodontist Hartsdale NY, orthodontist Scarsdale NY, orthodontist Westchester County NY, orthodontist White Plains NY, virtual smile consultation